The Lublin Branch’s membership currently stands at more than 40. The Branch is located in the Yeshivas Chachmei Lublin Building, which opened on June 24, 1930 (28th of sivan 5690). Yeshivas Chachmei Lublin was initiated and flourished under Rabbi Majer Shapira z”l, and was the largest and most respected rabbinical school of the pre-war Jewish world.
Rebuilt and finely renovated, the former yeshiva building today houses Ilan Hotel and The Olive Restaurant. The latter serves dishes representing a fusion of old Polish and Jewish cuisine. For the guests who require kosher fare, the restaurant prepares meals certified by Poland’s Chief Rabbi Michael Schudrich. Prayers are held in the renovated and consecrated synagogue, and a mikveh is also available. The historic building also houses the History of the Yeshiva of the Sages of Lublin Museum.
The Lublin Branch conducts activities focused on invigorating the community of Lublin Jews and seeks to establish and cultivate cooperative relations with select individuals, organizations and associations active in the city of Lublin. It also develops and implements Jewish-themed projects, and secures grant funding for them at the municipal and regional level. The chaplaincy services provider of the Lublin Branch is Rabbi Margalit Kordowicz, who at graduation from the Jewish Theological Seminary of America in New York became the first Polish woman rabbi.
The Jewish Religious Community in Warsaw - Lublin Branch;
85 Lubartowska Street, 20-123 Lublin;
+48 501 667 810;